Sunday 9 February 2014

BEST EYELINER FOR WINGED-OUT LOOKS!

I gave up on black eyeliners a long time ago, after trying so many of them which looked amazing the first hour but they always end up on my eyelids at the end of the night not matter how carefully I apply them. It's very frustrating after spending half an hour trying to make the wings look symmetrical, all efforts in vain!

MAC Fuildline Blacktrack

I finally stumbled upon my last chance... MAC's Fuildline in black - Blacktrack. It's been out for a long time but I never thought it would be any different from the others so I never bothered with it until I saw it on my friend and it looked really great. I was still so sceptical about it even though the sales assistant was also wearing it and said it never moves around or imprints on your lids. I brought it home and had to test it out straight away. 

It comes in a cute glass pot, it is a very highly pigmented gel consistency, which you can adjust or clean up a little while you apply it cause it gives you around 3 minutes before it fully sets (thank god!).  You would have to apply it with a liner brush, preferably synthetic but I like this since you can use different brushes depending on what look you want to recreate. I find it a bit messy and difficult to use felt liner pens as they are too watery, but this glides on perfectly, not too heavy not too watery consistency. 

MAC Fuildline Blacktrack

And ladies! It does not move at all! Once it sets, it SETS and it will not imprint anywhere, it does not run in the corners of your eyes, it just stays put. I had fun creating new daytime and evening looks with winged out lines, something I never used to be able to do without looking worse for wear after 4-5 hours. 

I saw they have 11 colours in the Fuildline range, I am thinking of getting the brown (Dipdown) and the violet/mauve colour too (Macroviolet).

MAC Fuildline MAC 263 brush, MAC 210 brush

The brushes I use with it are the MAC 210 and MAC 263 (same as 266 but synthetic). I love both brushes but if I had to pick one, it would be the MAC 210 because I find it fits better into the inner corner of the eye.


I read bad reviews about this liner as people said it's too had to remove... well, I remove it easily with Bioderma's Crealine water, or Clinique's Take the day off Balm, most oily makeup removers should also do a good job but personally I never liked oily makeup removers.

You can find the liner here
What are your favourite holy grail liners?

Love, London Girl  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment